Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Mother's Day Card With Selective Masking!

Hello! I wanted to share a special card I made a few weeks ago while experimenting with my stamps. I love to try and find ways to stretch my stamps and this is one of my new favorites, so let's get right to it!
I brought out my super cute, Eggstra Special Easter stamps set from Lawn Fawn I stamped the basket with the eggs inside on some scrap paper, and then cut around the image leaving the eggs attached to create a mask. As you can see in the image below.
 I then cleaned my stamp, placed my card stock under the mask, and lined up my stamp with the mask. I did use my MISTI to get correct placement, but I'm sure you could easily do this using regular acrylic blocks.
 Using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink I stamped my image .
I removed my mask to reveal a cute, but very empty basket.

 I then created a mask just to cover the bottom of the basket, so I could begin stamping the flowers. Using the tulip from the same stamp set I added one at a time using masks to layer them.
 Yup, looks like a hot mess...as you can tell by my well loved basket mask, I made a few of these cards
 Then using my Spectrum Noir markers I colored the image.
 Using Tim Holtz Distess Ink in Mustard Seed and a circle cut from scrap paper I created the card base. I finished it up by using foam adhesive to attach the basket to the card, adding a bit of Wink of Stella clear to the bow, and stamping the sentiment using an old stamp I had in my stash.
 I really think this "new image" is very versatile and could be used for many occasions, such as birthdays, Get Well, Congrats, Happy Spring, You could even replace the flowers with other images like hearts, animals, tools, school supplies, baby items...you get the idea!
Don't be afraid to look at your stamps differently! The possibilities are endless! Thanks for joining me!
I would like to add this card to the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp: Monday Challenge

Lawnscaping Challenge


3 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful card. The image is pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an amazing card! I love that you did all that masking! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is such a clever idea! The basket is so cute with the tulips inside! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

    ReplyDelete