Thursday, March 26, 2015

Monster Hugs and Catch Up!

Hello, All! I have been creating like mad in my little corner...sometimes I remember to take photos as I go and other times I get so caught up in the process of it all that it completely slips my mind! I've been trying to be better about it and now I have to play catch up here to get everything posted! So, without any more delay enjoy this very colorful post! 
I am going to use this card for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge:Anything Goes
Wednesday Challenge

Originally I was going to use this card as an entry for the Distress Challenge for Lawnscaping, but I read about it a day too late. I like the card and had a blast creating it...I started with three Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks in Stream, Wild Plum, and Butterscotch. 

 Using some felt on a Tim Holtz applicator and a piece of plastic I had cut from some packaging, I applied the alcohol inks over the entire piece.
 I decided these monsters from Lawn Fawn's Monster Mash would be adorable in a tie-dye state. So, I used my StazOn Jet Black ink to stamp the little guys onto the opposite side of the plastic.
 I just love the way they turned out...they look like they're ready to have a good time!
 I fussy cut each critter out.
 Next up I decided that I wanted a little color in the background of my card, but knew to get the full effect of the alcohol inks the immediate background would need to be white, so I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, and Peacock Feathers to create this fabulous rainbow on the card base.
 I then temporarily placed my monsters where I wanted them to go along with Avery Elle's Avery's Alphas stamps to get placement just right.
 I used my wonderful new tool, the MISTI, to ensure perfect lettering.
 I finished the sentiment using the original stamp that came in the Monster Mash set. I then used my Spectrum Noir markers to create another rainbow effect in the lettering.
 I carefully used my Martha Stewart two way glue pen to place glue along the black stamped edge of each image. This is so the adhesive does not show through the clear plastic.
I added a little bit of glitter to the letters using my trusty Wink of Stella clear brush.
 and here is the final product.
 I hope you've enjoyed learning about the project! Feel free to comment or ask questions! Thanks for joining me! Keep an eye out for more posts very soon!


  1. I like this one a lot

  2. Such a fun and colorful card! Love it! Those little monsters are too cute!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!