Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

So very proud of you!

The Simon Says Stamp Company has a couple of challenges you can join! There is a Monday Challenge and the Wednesday Challenge, and occasionally they even have challenges/contests on just their regular blog! I am always finding new ways to create from this company and their wonderful design team!
Anyway, since I had so much fun with the Lawn Fawn challenge last week I thought I'd give another challenge a try. The Wednesday Challenge blog's theme is Back to School. I must admit I do not have any stamps that is specifically 'school themed'. So, I decided an alphabet stamp would most likely work best. I love the way this card turned out. It's so happy and cheerful!

I started with an A2 size card and used Versa Mark Ink and clear embossing powder to randomly stamp Avery Elle's Avery's Alphas stamps all over the background.
 I then used Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers, Picked Raspberry, and Mustard Seed Distress Inks with sponge daubers to blend the inks over the background. After it was blended to my liking I sprayed a little water in my hand and flicked it over the ink. The little droplets of water create a speckled look.
 I then finished up my card by using Avery Elle's What's Up Stamp set for that fantastic giraffe and Avery Elle's Fill in the Blank set for the sentiment. To make the sentiment stand out a little I added some Clear Stickles over the YOU. Lastly, I used Clear Glossy Accents over the 'glass' part of the glasses.


2 comments:

  1. What a fun card, Nancy, and way to go using what you have! Love these happy colors in your background, and that giraffe makes me smile BIG! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lin! I really had a bit of fun making it. I am pleased to join the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge for the first time, and look forward to doing more in the future!

      Delete