Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Build-A-Stash

I bought a few new stamps recently and here is one of my new favorites! I love the serene scene, the KJV scripture, the appropriate quotes. I sat down at my craft desk to create a few cards to add to my stash of 'on hand' cards, so I wanted something fairly simple. The following pictures are what I came up with:

 I first stamped the main image from The Sea set from Sweet 'N Sassy Stamps in Tim Holtz Black Soot.
The Sea Clear Stamp Set
 I then took a mini dauber and pounced a single "Mustard Seed" sun. Followed by a sweeping reflection.
 After I used "Faded Jeans" to create my blue water
 I then added some "Broken China" for the sky and "Pumice Stone" to add a little gray on the water.
 I then decided I wanted to be able to use one of the saying from the set on the front as well,
so I used a circle die along with my "Big Shot" and cut each scene out.

I thought it gave the cards a little more interest to have the main 
focus be off center.
 I used "Faded Jeans" once again to add the  Psalm 89 verse.
 "Chomped" the corners and called them good!
 Here is one of the final cards.

 I love how planning ahead, lining up your projects, and doing the steps all at once helps you create cards in no time! I will be using this process again very soon! I need to get my card stash built up! Of course these cards, once they were finished, were just calling to be written in, addressed, and sent out to encourage a few folks that I know could use a little pick me up. Thanks for joining! Leave me some love-Tell me your favorite time saving tips!

Create On,
Nancy Joy



















No comments:

Post a Comment