Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Be courageous: Love Others

Greetings all, I just wanted to stop by and post a few of my Bible journal photos and tell you a bit about them, I hope you enjoy and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! First of all, here is a picture of the cover of my Bible!

 I found the fabric at my local Hobby Lobby store, and I believe it is available online as well. I also used a bit of interfacing for sturdiness, but didn't do anything special to it. I simply covered it like you would a text book with a paper bag, and secured it with fabric glue! After I took this photo I ended up adding a stickable letter 'N' in the bottom right corner as well as added a bit of color with some of my Sharpies.
The second picture I'm going to share is a very simple tree. This was one of my very first pages and because I was a little intimidated to color directly in my Bible at first I colored and journaled on vellum and used a bit of washi tape to hold it in place so you're able to read the correct verse. This journaling entry refers to Mark 8:24 when Jesus touches the blind man and the man replies, "I see men as trees, walking." My pastor preached a sermon around this passage about how we treat others! He posed the question, "Do we just have people in our live for what we can get from them?" When it comes to trees they have numerous uses, oxygen, shade, fruit, nuts, etc. But once we think the tree is in our way, be it to build, plant, or just plain blocking our view, we see nothing wrong with chopping that tree to the ground and getting rid of it! Sure, we still use the tree for heat, building, paper, all sorts of things, but once it is used up it is never the same.
Do we look at others around us as trees? Are they there just for our use, or what we can receive from them?!? God loves each and everyone of us, we are His creations! I know He wants his children to show everyone  kindness, respect, love, and service! Let's ask Him to help us see others as he sees them.
The third, and final picture for the day is of a tip-in that I created from vellum as well. I found a work of art of a colorful lion that I just loved. I knew I wanted to incorporate him into my Bible somehow when this idea came to me. I printed the picture, placed my vellum on top of the picture, and chose the colors of acrylic I like to work with. I wrote my corresponding verse around the edge of my painting, and finished it of with scotch tape around the edges so it doesn't tear easily, and then I used a bit of washi tape to add it to my Bible.

Now, I'm not big on the "One Little Word" that a lot of people do, but recently I've felt God calling me to be more courageous, so this entry came just at the right time. God wants Christians to stand out and stand up! We are called to live in this world, but not be a part of it! It takes guts to be different...even more so when it is not for a 'popular' reason! God calls us to higher standards than those around us. Not for the standards sake, but for His glory! When others see a difference in us and the way we treat those around us, because of the difference he has made, God will get the glory. So, be courageous: Stand out and Stand Up for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment