Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2016

A new beginning or two!

Hello! I know a long time has gone by, but a lot has changed for me! I gave birth to a beautiful, wonderful, and time-consuming baby girl back in August, so crafting went by the wayside for a while until we found a routine that worked for us and she was able to entertain herself a tiny bit. This seems to finally have happened.
I know that it is pretty obvious that I am slightly obsessed with Bible journaling and all things pertaining to this marvelous craft. I love to search the web for new inspirations, watch journaling videos, create new pages, enjoy Periscopes from many different people, and many more activities that we've all come to know and love about the aspect of journaling in our Bibles. But, my favorite part of this is hiding God's word in my heart! What an encouragement I have found it to be! It seems that just as my strength is failing, or my wits are at their end- God brings to mind a verse I recently rediscovered through journaling! It's so refreshing to know that God honors the time I spend with him through His Word! I've come to realize that it doesn't have to be extravagant or fancy as long as it's quality time spent with Him!
I jumped on the Periscope bandwagon and filmed my first video which is just a flip through of my KJV Journal Bible (which I love). I love that you find a wide variety of "art" among the pages as I search for my own style of journaling. I must say I still am not entirely sure of what it is because I love to dabble in all sorts of things. You find simple hand lettering, word art, acrylic paint, watercolor, tip ins, and vellum, but I love that every entry is evidence of a time I set aside to talk with God and have him speak to my heart as well! I hope this little video will give you courage to start your own journal journey, or encourage and inspire you if you have already started. Just remember it is about time listening for Gods voice!

Along with a new baby, Periscoping for the first time, starting to teach Patch club at church, and participating in our church's new nursing home ministry, I also started up an Etsy shop! For now it has some items to help with creating in your Bible...hopefully more will follow soon, as I figure out exactly what works best. I'd appreciate your prayers, encouragement, and any advice you have. :)
Keep an eye out for more to come from me! I have plans for both the blog and the Etsy shop. Keep on keepin' on, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment